Saturday, July 3, 2010

4.4 miles

put on my shoes and didn't even know if I should go outside. difficult to interpret various fatigues of the body, but I think I'm pretty good. Should treat my foot soon, have been not getting to it for a while. Halfway through the run, I saw 7 duck youthlings marching across the street in a tight line. They were probably 1/2 the mass of a full-grown duck, so they were much more than ducklings. In fact, they just looked like female ducks scaled down. Anyway, I stopped-- as to not scare them. My sense of group mentality made me want to get behind them and start marching, wobbling as they did, but instead I walked a safe distance behind them. I followed them off the beaten (ouch!) path, crouching under some trees and crossing another road, until they disappeared into some bushes and reappeared in a pond in a local park, joining two more identical-looking ducks to swim off into the distance. Satisfied that it was good that I left the house, I huffed up the rest of those hills and came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment