Wednesday, September 7, 2011

3.7 North Fields

Ran to NF and then ran every other lap running how I hoped/imagined I would run were I awesomely awesome in shape. That added up to 5 light tempo laps as the sky fell away from its peachy self into an opaque navy punctured by those really bright gym lights. Estimate each lap as 1/4 mile. That's my "speedwork" for this week. Someone told me that you can increase speedwork, or hills, or mileage, but only one at a time. So because I know the 16-week marathon plan is a steady increase in mileage (--well, it has to be--), I'm trying to use this and the next week to lift my knees up and get used to running at different gears before moving to Irvine and officially starting the plan. Wahoo!

Weekly mileage so far: 13.5
TMS = 31

No comments:

Post a Comment